Thursday, October 23, 2014

Princess Heidi

I've mentioned that I am working on a scrappy quilt pattern called Trail Mix.  It is in Better Homes and Gardens: Scrap Lovers Quilts.  I have nearly all the blocks made and have started laying them out but really wasn't happy with anything I came up with.  I finally divided them into two groups and am now making two small quilts!  I am quite pleased with both so that solved that problem.  I will post a photo when I get a bit further.
It has been another lovely day here in the backwoods.  My dear one cut down a couple of trees and, as they are quite close to the house, I was thankful they fell in the correct direction.  I was watching out the window with wee Heidi on my lap prepared, at the first sign of danger, of holding her and running.  Always one adventure or another.
I have been sewing nearly all day other than going for a walk and doing a bit of baking.  I should be able to finish a bit more on one of the tops this evening.
Heidi is missing our company and mopping around a bit.  She loves it when people come for a visit because she gets all sorts of attention; not that we ignore her but she isn't our complete focus all day. It usually takes her a few days to adjust back to being the dog and not the princess.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment