Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Have Tractor will Move Gravel


I can't believe how warm it is for this time of year.  It drops down in the evening but it has been in the upper teens or even into the 20's this week.  Still lots of rain though.  We keep getting a large puddle right were I park the car so I either wade or put on rain boots and then change in the vehicle.  We were thinking about getting a load of gravel to bring up the level and have it slant away from the house but finances have put that on hold.  Good thing because today I had another idea.  There is a high spot in another part of the driveway and, now we have a tractor, I suggested to hubby that the gravel from the high spot could be moved to the low.  Simple idea and it has worked.  Of course, it took quite a bit of time to do what I thought would be just a few minutes.  However, it is done and we are supposed to get more rain so will see what happens.
I was in Huntsville shopping today and when I got home I found I had another speaker for my stereo system.  I wanted another that was near the sewing table as I can't always hear my music without turning it up a lot which, of course, means husband has to turn up the television.  We keep the connecting door between my studio and the main part of the house open so the heat circulates.  Naturally, sound also navigates from one area to another.
I spent the rest of the day working on my scrappy quilt.  I have almost finished the small pieces.  I have another quilt I want to get at but am plugging away getting this finished first.  It is hard disciplining yourself to do one quilt at a time.  I do usually have a few on the go at the same time-and I do now, but am trying not to start anymore until at least one of the others are finished.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment