Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Addition to my Stash

Have you ever been on a Virtual Quilt Retreat?  It is a cheaper, easier version of the really thing which can still be a lot of fun.  The principle idea is that you stay at home (although I think it would be even more fun if you got together with a friend) quilt and participate in on line activities such as chats and games.  There is usually door prizes, sharing of photos and what is being ate.  It can also involve everyone working on the same quilt pattern.
I am in the middle of a VR right now and I will tell you more about it tomorrow when I expect to have, at least, the top of my quilt finished.  The retreat started on Sunday with the sharing of the pattern and I have been working on it as frequently as possible.
I am enjoying the experience although I think it would be even more fun if my husband got into the spirit of the thing and served my meals and did the housework!

The weather has been lovely; sunny and not too cold.  I took Heidi for a walk and listened to the water gurgle along the side of the road.  We have had so much rain this year that the ditches are still running.

We had a great day at quilt group yesterday.  One of our members brought the stash that had belonged to a family members to share with us.  It filled eight banquet tables.  We each took what we wanted and then filled four totes with the left overs.  These are being donated to a group that makes cuddle quilts for cancer patients.  I haven't really looked at what I brought home yet as I didn't want to get distracted from my quilting.  I do, however, have an idea of what I want to make from some of it.  Here is a photo of what I brought home.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment