Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Undiscovered Almaguin


Yesterday, our local group, the Village Quilter's worked on charity projects.  Some did individual items but a number of us shared the task of assembling blocks of various sizes.  It was rather like putting together a jigsaw without benefit of a picture.  The majority of blocks were of buildings: barn, school etc. with fly geese, tree and pin wheel sections interspersed amongst them.  The choice of strips to even out the block sizes led to some interesting comments.  My view was that if you ignored good sense it was easier. 
We did get the top done before we finished for the day and, to our surprise, it looks quite good.  I will post a photo when we have it completed.  I am sure that who ever receives it will find it a fun and interesting covering.
It is raining again today so we are stuck inside.  I have finished a small table runner and just have to add the binding.  I will get that done later.  I also have to prepare the background for a block to be hand appliqued.  I want to take that with me on Thursday when I will be helping to staff our art center.
The Community and Visitor's Guide that I helped produce is now in the tourism areas.  If you are in central Ont. (Barrie to North Bay) area, keep an eye out for it.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment