Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Purple Trilliums


I have been working almost non stop on the wedding quilt I am making for a lady.  I am just about ready to sew on the binding but stopped for a break and to take the dog for a walk.  It is surprising how tiring sitting and sewing can be.  I am expecting a lady to come over in a bit.  She wants to hire me to make the neck scarves that scouts wear.  I make them for another group and the leader of that one told this one.  Always glad of a little extra money to spend on more quilty things.

While Heidi and I were walking through the bush, I saw that the trilliums were all in bloom.  We only get the purple ones.  I know there is a reason why we get purple and not white but can't remember what it is.  They are pretty anyway.  The only problem with flowering  trilliums is that they herald the arrival of the black flies and they have arrived.  Not plentiful as yet but they are here.

It was cool and wet this morning but the sun is shining now and it is nice out.  We had to start the wood stove to take the chill out of the air earlier.  Amazing that we are in the middle of May and it is still cool enough to need a fire.
Back to work.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment