Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Modern Show and Tell

I am starting to get ready for the quilt retreat in serious now.  I have most of my packing done including all the quilting supplies, the various things for my aches and pains (I will soon have more of them than anything else!) and the fabric I need for the demo I am doing.  Haven't decided if I am going to take a show and tell item yet but I do have a nice red and black quilt that I like and I can use it on my motel bed if it is cool.
I am taking a foundation pieced project as well as some angel minis that are machine appliqued.  I will also tuck in the hand applique block I am working on in case  I feel like doing something while watching TV in my room.  I think that is enough to keep me busy as, of course, there will be shopping, visiting, talking and laughing.
Tomorrow will be my last blog for this week although I may post some photos.

Earlier today, I participated in a very modern show and tell.  I was talking to my sister in England via Skype and she was showing me the heirloom quilt blocks she was making.  As we were on video, she was able to hold each piece up to the camera and point out what was involved.  I had to smile.  Two sisters in two different countries, approx. 5,000 miles apart, sharing our love of quilting.  What an amazing world we live in!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment