Thursday, February 13, 2014

Express Lane Blues.

It is a bee-you-ti-ful day.  Plus two degrees.  Our Heidi didn't want to come inside.
Did some shopping today and bought fabric for the background of a quilt I have been asked to make.  I couldn't decide on the rest of the fabrics but I can get started with what I have.
I only have a few more rows to go on the quilt that is in the frame.  I am anxious to see how it looks when it is done because I really like the top.
I had an embarrassing moment when checking out with my purchases today.  The clerk asked if everything on the conveyer was mine and I said that some belonged to the lady behind me.  Then she told me I was in the express lane-12 items or less.  I hadn't noticed the sign.  I apologized and was going to put everything back in my cart but she said she would check me through anyway as it wasn't busy.  Another customer leaned over and said that the checkout police would probably get me!
I am such a stickler for making sure I am not one item over the limit and really get irritated with those that think 6 loaves of bread count as one item. I apologized again to the clerk and the lady following me before slinking out the store.
Apparently, the store switched locations of the express lanes and I hadn't noticed.  Won't forget now.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment