Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Power Up




I am still trying to get caught up from the great power outage on Friday.  Ours went at 7 a.m. and didn't come back on until Saturday around 4 ish in the afternoon.  There were others in the area who had to wait until Monday before they were able to switch on their lights and flush toilets.
I had a table at a Christmas craft sale on Saturday and another lady and I both brought curling irons to do our hair!
My dear husband tried to get our generator going because we were concerned about a freezer full of meat.  When I called to see if we had power, he was gasping like a fish out of water.  He said he had been yanking on the start cord without success.  I told him I would rather have a husband than lights.  A couple of other friends said their generator gave them an argument about working as well. 
I did quite well at the sale.  All my little microwave bowl holders sold as did my pumpkin butter and a few odds and ends.  I made a profit after paying for my table and buying lunch so that is what is considered to be a success.
The picture is of some of the loaves I made last week.  The little one was for communion Sunday.  My posts may be a bit spotty this week as I am taking my husband to the hospital for a procedure on Thurs.  Your prayers for a successful result would be appreciated.  He is in constant pain from a deteriorating hip joint.
Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your power loss! Ours went out early morning Sunday but was back on by 10:00 - the joys of country living but I wouldn't trade it!! All the best to Roger on his upcoming procedure. I hope all goes well, fixes the problem and that he is not in too much discomfort for too long. Lori

    ReplyDelete