Friday, September 6, 2013

Jeebies

The weather doesn't look as though it is going to be suitable for tomorrow's motorcycle ride.  I think I mentioned that I organized a run that would raise funds and food for our local food bank.  The weather network is predicting rain and possible thunderstorms.  I will have to wait and see but, if necessary, we will postpone until the 21st.

I have put away the charm project I have been working on and will take it to do at quilt group.  I tidied the cutting and ironing tables and put a new blade in the rotary cutter. The next quilt beckons.  Some time ago, I designed a pattern with tulips and log cabin blocks.  That will be my new project.

Last night I made a 'to do' list for today.  Everything has been done (and it isn't eleven o'clock yet!) except for finding the tulip pattern and fabric.  The other item was to do some more rows on the quilt that is on the frame. It has been sitting for a bit and I need to get it done.  Having a list helps keep me focused. As I was writing that, I was thinking that one of the items I never include on a list is going for a walk.
I try to get out nearly every day but, all too frequently, it is not a priority.  I need to move it up the list and make it so.  As the daylight lessens, we need to get outside and get our dose of Vitamin D.  I also need a shot of daylight to keep the jeebies away.  Jeebies are little gremlins that make me feel not quite depressed but not happy either.  A walk is relaxing, gets a good shot of oxygen in my lungs and reminds me of just how fortunate I am.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment