Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Peanut Butter Delight and Contest Reminder

This looks as thought it is going to be an especially busy week so I have started some of my baking today rather than leaving it all until Thursday.  I have made some ice box cookies and 3 small loaves of rhubarb bread as well as a half dozen muffins.  I will do the regular bread and more cookies on my usual day.  I am looking for any excuse to use the maple syrup now.  There are so many recipes where it can be substituted for something else.  For example, I have a ginger cookie recipe which calls for corn syrup which I never use.  Maple syrup is the perfect sub. 
If you like peanut butter-and who doesn't, here is a wonderful treat to have on your morning toast.  Mix a bit of maple syrup into your peanut butter before spreading on your toast.  I like to buy a jar of the natural PB (the kind that is just peanuts) stir well so the oil is mixed in and then add the maple syrup.  I can't give you exact measurements.  I just add a bit, stir, taste, add more if needed stir and taste.  Of course, I really enjoy the 'taste' part!  You could probably do this with regular PB but as it already has sugar added you might end up with calorie overload.  Maple syrup is, of course, calorie neutral.  I wish!
I pulled some weeds this morning and planted the last of the garden.  I was swooshing bugs away while working but some managed to get around my hand.  My forehead is covered in bites (and calamine lotion) and I have a few more behind one ear and on the side of my face.  Dratted things.  My husband was out cutting wood and has just come in for the same reason.  He has half the supply needed for winter cut already.  He will be rewarded with a rhubarb muffin for lunch.
We had a nice visit with my brother and sister-in-law on Sunday.  He has been making cement lawn ornaments.  He has quite an artistic talent although he doesn't have a lot of time to use it.  He is also, like me, a writer.  I hope to be able to share some photos of the ornaments later.
Another reminder about my contest:  send me a comment saying what you like about the blog and an idea for something I can include or do more often i.e. free patterns.
Contest closes June 15th and the winner receives a copy of my book or one their choice of my patterns.
Enter Now!  time passes quickly.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment