Friday, April 19, 2013

Whence Now the Daffodil

I have just discovered an amazing new blog.  It contains more information than you can possibly read at one sitting but the things in which I was most interested was her recycling ideas.  Check it out at: http.sewmanyways.blogspot.com.  Let me know what you think.
I have been watching the news this morning about the latest developments on the  Boston Marathon terrorists.  The one thing that strikes me when I read of these events is how the families of the terrorists must feel.  Your child that you raised with all the hopes and dreams of them becoming a person that contributed to society in a positive way, perhaps giving you grandchildren, doing volunteer work etc.  turns out to be one of the most despicable people that anyone could imagine.
I am not placing those with a mental illness in this category. They are, themselves, victims.  But people who knowingly plan to kill or maim as many people as possible for some warped ideology, are beyond sympathy.
I would imagine that anyone who is contemplating similar actions would be deterred by the reaction of all law enforcement agencies to this case.  Of course, I am expedient logical thought and terrorists might be beyond that.

My husband is not feeling well today.  I am not sure if he has a cold or an allergic reaction to something but he is coughing and sneezing.  time of lots of liquids and staying away from his loving but 'I don't want what you have' wife.

I want to go out later and uncover my roses as I think it is safe.  The  hyacinth and daffodil bulbs are sending up shoots all over the place so I think I can declare that Spring Is Here.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment