Thursday, April 25, 2013

Maple Syrup Baking

Apr. 24th Snowfall
Isn't this a lovely winter photo.  Oh, right, I took the picture this morning, April 25th!
It did look pretty outside but I am afraid I prefer the bare dirt driveway that I can see when I look out the window now.
I just finished making five small loves of pumpkin bread and 5 regular sized whole wheat.  I used maple syrup in place of some of the sugar so I am anxious to see if there is a difference in the taste. I had to do some adjustment in the liquid amount in the directions which was easier in the whole wheat bread.  The pumpkin doesn't have any moisture other than what is provided by the pumpkin and eggs.  As I used fresh (from the freezer) pumpkin and as it isn't as wet as canned I thought I was safe to put in a bit of maple syrup. The consistency seemed right when I put it in the pans so I will see how it tastes.
I am going to do some practice runs on my frame and machine today.  I got it all clear of stuff last night (Now I need to find a place for the odds and ends which don't seem to fit anywhere) and checked to make sure it was level so I think it should be okay to go.
I am trying not to look at all the stuff in the studio that still needs to find a permanent home. I still need more storage cabinets so that will be my excuse for a bit longer.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Spring is comming, it has been a long winter, here in Montreal we are finally now getting some warm weather. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete