Thursday, October 4, 2012

New Fabric

We took a day off today, did some shopping,  met friends and had lunch together and bought fabric.  You didn't think I would go shopping and NOT buy fabric did you?  I went to the Bracebridge quilt store and picked up the 6 fat quarters that I had asked them to save for me.  These are the Canadian designed batik line, Loons and Cattails and they are lovely.  Unfortunately for everyone else, I got the last of it until the new shipment comes in in about a month.  They were specially designed and ordered for the area shop hop and will be on the general market in March. 
I will try and scan the fabric for you to see.  It really is striking.  Also picked up at FQ of pastel batik for my Vintage Tiles applique quilt as well as something for the lady who popped in and took our Heidi for a walk while we were away.
Don't tell our wee one, but it was nice to be able to shop as long as we wanted and to go into No Dogs Allowed stores together.  She did get a nice treat when we got home.
The leaves are really starting to fall now and I think there are almost as many on the ground as on the branches.  Christmas ads are starting to sneak their way onto the airwaves as the end of the year creeps closer.  In the meantime, I will enjoy the day in which I am living.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment