Thursday, August 16, 2012

Quilts and Soup.

Yesterday afternoon, I cooked half a dozen chicken backs until the meat was falling from the bones.  I then spent an hour or so separating the meat, saving the broth and discarding bones.  A messy, greasy job but I now have lots of chicken broth for soups and stews, small bits of chicken to be made into noodle soup (my husband's favourite) and larger bits for casseroles.
This morning I made zucchini soup.  It is my own recipe and has ginger and garlic in it plus lots of vegetables.  I may add a bit of curry powder simply because I love the smell.  Our little backwoods home now has a lovely aroma reaching every room.  I am looking forward to cooking this on the wood stove in the big heavy stock pot. 
I have made a lot of progress on my wedding quilt and am now working on the alternate blocks.  Of course, I have changed my mind a couple of times about colour but it is coming along.  I will get at it after lunch.
My husband is outside working on the addition.  It takes a lot of time when you are doing it on your own but he is making progress.  I am trying not to think about how lovely it will be setting up my studio in a nice big room.  I am also looking forward to decorating the spare bedroom for future company.  I am going to put my scrappy heart quilt on the bed.
If you would like a copy of my soup recipe, send me a note at: arkangelcreations@gmail.com.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment