Friday, August 3, 2012

Busy Hands

Back Basting Class
This photo is of the back basting class I taught on Wednesday.  As you can see, each lady is concentrating on her stitching.  It was a fun time and we did manage to share some stories while learning.  Thank you, Carol, for organizing the event.
Yesterday, we took Mom-in-law back home. 
As we were returning, I noticed that the trees seemed to be changing colour but put it down to dead leaves from the dryness. 
This morning, however, I noticed that our maples are definitely showing signs of a changing season.  This is three to four weeks early so I suspect the lack of rain is sending the trees into early hibernation.
I am working on a quilt top today.  I am doing the cross hatching on the center panel and then another lady in our quilt group will do some fancier stitching around the sides.  The quilt itself, when finished, will be donated as a fundraiser for a local group or association.
The temperature is low today but the humidity high.  I took the dog for a walk before starting my work and came back ready for a shower.  I hope the trees are right in signalling an early arrival of fall.  I am ready for cooler weather.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment