Friday, July 20, 2012

And More Dreadful News Reports

It is quite a lot cooler today so I am baking bread and, now that it is in the pans, I will go out and pick the ripening raspberries.  My husband is working on the house addition.  He usually has to stop after a couple of hours because of the heat but today he is able to keep going. 
I am having a hard time dealing with the news of the past few days.  Multiple shootings, bunkers with nearly a 100 home made bombs and an arsenal of guns and gang fights with no regard for innocent  bystanders have dominated the news this week.  It won't make it all stop, but I am almost to the point of no longer watching the news.  What makes it even worse is the commentators who go from those horrors to giggling about something else.
If you have family or friends who have been affected by these events, please know that others are thinking of you.
It is hard to remember in the midst of all this that the majority of people by far are kind, generous and care about others.  Much of this world is beautiful.  I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by natural splendor and peace.  Perhaps if everyone where able to spend a few minutes a day in such surroundings, earth would be a happier place.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on turning off the news! It scares me to think about my children and grandbabies who live in the GTA.
    I find myself spending more time working in my quilting room with quiet music playing. There is NOTHING on television that i want to see anymore.

    ReplyDelete