Thursday, June 28, 2012

Approval!

We have had good news.  The plans that my husband drew up have passed inspection.  I am quite proud of him as, other than some architectural training years ago in school, he is unskilled in such things.  The inspector had a couple of questions and hasn't given final approval yet but it looks good.
He is trying very hard, with the help of a multitude of books, to build a good, strong addition.  The majority of it will be my quilt room, and the rest a solarium.  The smaller room will also work as a sitting area for me when he is watching television and I want to read or applique.
There may be some adjustments/corrections to make as he goes along but, so far, so good.
I have been working on a new quilt design.  It isn't complicated but I am giving three construction options so working out the math was a bit of a challenge.  I am through all the difficult bits now so it should be done and ready for the testers tomorrow.  It is another scrappy which seems to be my forte' recently.
The weekend looks to be good weather wise.  We still haven't decided what we are doing.  Maybe fire works, maybe rodeo, maybe both, probably nothing.  We aren't very adventureous.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment