Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home

An on line friend and I were sharing how we hate to be away from our homes.  We are both going on the same quilt retreat and, while really looking forward to it, hate the thought of being out of our own bed.  She will be further from home than I as she lives in another province.
When my husband and I were first married, I used to look forward to his hunting trips when he would be away for a few days or even a week.  Now, while I like his day trips, I hate it when he is gone overnight.  Even though I enjoy getting to my quilt room for 'me' time, the house seems very empty when my husband is away.
I am not sure if that is an age thing or I am maturing-finally.
Doggie in the Window
I have been having a busy week.  Last night I was at my third meeting and am out again tonight.  I am trying to get a quilt quilted but it doesn't look like it is going to happen this week. It is now almost 2.30 and I will have bread ready for the oven soon and the dog expects her walk at 3-and yes, she can tell time. She loves being outside and one of her favourite places to sit is on my sewing table where she can see what my husband is doing. However, she only wants to sit there  when I am sewing.  As soon as she hears me sit in the chair, in she trots.  If I am in the computer chair, she doesn't bother.  I am always a bit worried about sewing her tail into the fabric but, so far, it hasn't happened.
Tomorrow is Good Friday.  I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and a blessed Easter celebration.  He is risen.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment