Friday, March 2, 2012

A Blank Mind.

I really don't have anything much to share with you today.  When I wrote a weekly column for a newspaper in Orillia and this happened, I used to write about having nothing to say!  Not a trick you can do very often but it is rather fun.  Instead of submitting you to reading that, I would like to let you know how much I appreciate you.
I read a saying once that said "You aren't a leader if no-one is following.  You are merely going for a walk."  I feel that if no-one is reading what I write then I cannot call myself a writer.  I am only a diarist (not sure if that is a word), someone that puts down words for their own pleasure or purpose.
Knowing that you are reading my words makes me look for at least one interesting thing in my day.  Finding that topic also helps me to realize that my life is pretty good.  Therefore, you are helping me appreciate my life which, in turn, keeps me healthy and happy.
I try to use correct grammar (without sounding too stiff) and spelling when I write and that also has a side benefit for me.  I write for a few publications and the ability to write well is similar to physically flexible; if you don't use the muscles they atrophy.  If a writer doesn't continually write, the ability to do so withers.
I would also like to thank those of you who take the time to comment.  Your words are often the fuel I need to keep going. 
And so, dear readers, I am sending you all a virtual hug along with my appreciation.  I am so glad I am not just walking alone.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. wow. I really enjoyed your comments today. I always read your blog and enjoy it very much. You seem to take pleasure in mother nature and all her glory and appreciate the beauty iallaround.

    thanks
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too look forward to reading your blog Anna. I love your pictures and your love of your own piece of nature and home. (not to forget Roger & Heidi) Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    Appreciativly (that may not be a word either)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, here :) As those above, I too enjoy reading your blog and you are an inspiration in terms of your faith and your quilts !

    a kindred spirit, Jill

    ReplyDelete