Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another Snowfall

The Beauty of Winter
It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon and, because it is fairly warm, it is the type that sticks to everything including the satellite dish.
I went out first thing to clean it off and had to wade through snow that came past my knees.  I wasn't able to get it all and more has accumulated since so I will leave it.  I am not that interested in watching television.
I have just finished all the other chores; feeding chickens, bring in and cleaning the eggs and filling the wood box.  These are usually the things my husband does but as he is at his mother's I have taken over.  I am going to spend the rest of the day inside quilting and drinking tea.  Our poor little dog is feeling quite abandoned with her 'Daddy' away and me being out the past three days.  As intelligent as they are, they simply don't understand that someone will be back soon.
Today would have been my mother's 98th birthday.  She passed away three years ago this August and I am still noting her special days.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Mothers`days are forever and even in our household chores, they taught us lots of what we know.

    You gave me a chuckle with all the snow you jinxed yourself with thinking spring yesterday all those animals knew the snow was coming and was hoarding for the next couple of weeks. sorry...

    ReplyDelete