Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pillows for Cancer

I made this little pillow and bag from a pattern that is in the Fall issue of Quilter's connection. It is for breast cancer patients.  they are given out at hospitals and are often used right away to keep the seat best from pressing against the incision.     the bags are quite easy to make and a good use of all those themed fabric left overs.  I tend to buy them because I like the fabric and then, of course, I don't know what to do with them (sound familiar). the straps ends on the bag aren't joined so the recipient can knot them at what ever length is suitable.
this is probably a public domain pattern so you could probably get it on the Internet.  However, I think this month's issue of the magazine is their best yet so you just might want to pick it up if you don't have a subscription.
Our hydro was out briefly this morning (I think a road worker must have dug before looking) so I took the opportunity to do a few odd cutting and sorting jobs.  I am working on a quilt that uses theme fabric (another use for them) so I finished cutting the half squares and put everything in a bag ready for use. 
I have a job making 18 neck scarves for a local Scout group and then a couple more columns to finish for the on line magazine.  Once they are done, I can get back to my own projects.
Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment