Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Like most women in North America this weekend, I am getting ready for the Thanksgiving feast.  I have quite a bit of baking to do-bread, pies etc and, of course, housework.  I also have the church to decorate which my husband and I will do this afternoon.
My back is pain free again so I am able to zip around at my usual pace for which I am thankful.  Took the dog for a nice long walk yesterday in the lovely fall weather for which I am also thankful.
My husbands gone into Huntsville to pick up the part needed to fix his quad so he can get that running again.  He will be thankful for that.  He has logs to haul so he can get them cut and added to the wood pile.
yesterday afternoon, we sat on the bench we have on a little hill and relaxed for a bit while the dog romped through the leaves.  We were near the chicken coop and we could hear them murmuring to themselves as they scratched in the dirt.  A lot of leaves are down so we were able to see a long way through the bush and I remarked to my husband (for the zillionth time) about how lovely it was.  We are truly blessed and I am daily thankful.
I hope you all have a marvellous and safe weekend.  If you are in the mood to do a little on line shopping, Sisters Quilting Expo is having a 25% off sale on all their products (www.sistersquiltingexpo.com).  You only have a couple more days to enter my Name the quilt contest.  It is open to everyone and there is nothing to buy or send.  (www.arkangelcreations.org)
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment