Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Problem Solved-I Hope

I don't know how many of you that read this blog either have or are starting a business but, if so, I can almost guarantee that we share the same problem.  It doesn't seem to matter what kind of business it is it always seems to be difficult to find time to do it.  There is always something, whether a family emergency or an unexpected visit from a friend, that uses up your 'work' time.
I was thinking about this as I was driving to town to do my shopping.  I have a column waiting to be written, articles to be added to the web page as well as some small jobs that keep sinking to the bottom of the list.
I realized that a big part of the problem is that I don't have a specific work day.  I schedule my tasks in bits and pieces around my other responsibilities.  I have decided that  Thursday I will be in my office working.  My day will start at 10 a.m. to allow for watching the news, writing the blog etc and end at 4.00 p.m. in time to go for a walk and get supper.
This plan won't work for those of you who have a business that needs more time but perhaps setting aside one day a week will be a start.  I know my husband will co-operate so it will just be a matter of not booking appointments (I already do this for quilt group Mondays) and letting others know I am not available on that day because I am working.
Tomorrow will the my first Thursday.  I had planned on making bread and cleaning house but it will keep until Friday.  I will let you know how I make out.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment