Friday, September 23, 2011

Last Days of Summer

Our Heidi
Today is the first day of autumn.  It is a bit dreary outside; rather grey and raining but the trees still make a bright contrast.  Yesterday was so lovely that, between baking and cleaning, Heidi and I went for a walk and played chase the ball.  In this photo, she has captured it and is deciding if she is going to bring it to me again.
She looks so nice and white against the green grass although, in truth, she needs a bath.  I also need to give her a trim before the snow falls because it sticks to her hair in great heavy clumps.
This is my 'in the office day' so I plan on working on getting a few more articles finished for the on line quilt magazine.  Before I can do that, however, I have to go to the village because our grocery store has butterball turkeys on for a good price.  We are hoping to have my brother and his wife here for Thanksgiving so I have better serve turkey.
When we were driving to his place this week, we had a flock of geese fly down fairly close to the road, just over a transport truck.  They stayed above it for a while and it seemed as though they had decided to follow it south.  A funny sight.
Whatever you are doing this weekend, I hope you take time to get out and enjoy the colours.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment