Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Heirloom.

Carol's Quilt
It is a rainy day here in the backwoods.  The ground is becoming strewn with a carpet of multi hued leaves.  Soon it will be replaced by snow which is just  as lovely.
This marvellous quilt was made by my friend, Carol, for her daughter.  It measure 6 feet by 8 feet and was machine pieced and hand quilted.
Didn't she do a lovely job?  I am sure it will be an heirloom to be handed down in the family for many generations to come.
My younger sister and I were exchanging e mails yesterday and I had told her about our egg bounty so she started punning me with egg related words.  Just a few silly moments but fun.  I was hoping to go and see my other sister today before she returns to England but I have been feeling a bit ill and didn't want to give her whatever I have.  Flying is bad enough.  Flying with a head cold is torture and can be dangerous for your ear drums.  So, I am disappointed but just didn't want to take any chances.
I am fortunate to be able to see my two dear sisters fairly often and one brother lives about an hours drive away.  The youngest brother and I keep in touch through e mail but I downloaded Skype yesterday so hope now to be able to talk to him via that.  A much cheaper alternative to the phone.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment