Thursday, May 5, 2011

This, That and the Other Thing

I went shopping this morning and took advantage of a sale at the fabric store.  I will scan a couple of pieces and share with you tomorrow.  Also have some more birthday photos to post.
I thought I had this week pretty much planned but, as it turns out, I have had to make a change.  One of the area churches has a clothing exchange and I was going to that tomorrow morning (think I mentioned this yesterday).  I was planning on meeting a friend there or dropping over for a cup of tea later.  She called me this morning to let me know I had the date wrong.  It is next weekend.  This wouldn't be a big deal except I am the person who writes the column for our newspaper that tells of the coming events.  I had wrote about the exchange including the correct dates but apparently I don't read what I write.
So, now that I have tomorrow free, my husband and I are going to go for a drive and enjoy the weather.
I suppose this is all part of the aging process so I had better get used to not knowing what I am doing.  As long as my clothes all get put on in the correct order I guess I can live with it.
There is only a couple of days left to take advantage of the notion sale at Sisters Quilting Expo.  The book sale starts next week.
Speaking of which, my sister has ordered a quilting book.  She is just taking up quilting and I am thrilled.  Our youngest sister does hand quilting but she is not as addicted to the craft as I am.  I am looking forward to getting Helen thoroughly indoctrinated. She already has a good eye for colour and composition as she does photography so I am sure she will be a wonderful quilter. Perhaps one day, we three sisters will be hunched around a quilting frame sharing stories and stitching! Bliss.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment