Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Awesome

Yesterday got away from me.  I was baking, had company, planted a bit of the garden and before I knew it, the day was done.
Before I forget, I would like to remind you of the sale at Sisters Quilting Expo.  The patterns are reduced this week and that includes mine.  Sale ends at the end of the week. This is a good time to try something different.
There was a man on the news this morning who has written a book called Awesome.  It was a result of his blog by the same name which he started while going through a rough period in his life.  He decided that rather than dwelling on the negative, he would become more aware of all the awesome things in life such as when you get that piece of popcorn unstuck from your tooth or a baby's giggle.
We so often overlook those little awesome events.  Yesterday my dog wasn't feeling up to par and today is back to normal-awesome.  We had a hummingbird at the feeder-awesome.  The sun is shining, the daffodils dancing, I had food for breakfast-awesome.  I have a whole day ahead in which I can do pretty much what I want-awesome.  One of my closest friends is coming for a visit on Monday-awesomer.
My sister is just embarking on her quilting journey.  Her new sewing machine was delivered yesterday and I am sure that today she will be off to the quilt store to get the first supplies for her stash.  I am really excited for her and it is going to be wonderful (awesome) having another sister with whom I can share my passion.
Have an awesome day,
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment