Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Aliens for Sure

Isn't that the strangest thing?  Couldn't find Thursdays post and then, there it was.  Don't you sometimes think there are little gremlins diligently working away in your computer and then suddenly deciding to do something silly.  I have been convinced for some time that they do something to my keyboard because no matter how carefully I type, the words often all come out silly.
For the past week or so, my husband and I have been watching the news for any updates regarding the flood situation in Manitoba.  Now, we are also concerned about the fire in Slave Lake.  We know that area very well and have friends that live there.  What a dreadful thing to see most of a community gone up in flames.  Everything in you wants to reach out and help but, other than sending money, there really is nothing a person can do when they don't live in the area.
As Spring was approaching this year, I made up my mind that I wasn't going to complain about the black flies as they were a small inconvenience in comparison to what many people were enduring.  As we get further into the year, I am even more convinced that I have nothing about which to complain.
I pray that the areas that need rain get it quickly and the places that need sunshine are blessed with that. If you are safe and dry, like me, we are fortunate.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment