Thursday, March 10, 2011

Food and Friends

Where would we be without friends to encourage, guide and wipe off our clothes when we fall.  I have been so fortunate over the years to have had froends who have seen me through some difficult times.  Friends who stayed friends even when the things I did caused them pain.
I had another example of the generosity of a friend today.  One of the ladies in our local quilt group has been generous enough with her time to give me her opinion on some of my designs.  I know she will be honest and, as she is a quilter, knowledgable.  Frequently, no matter how often you go over something, you can miss a problem that would jump out at someone else.  It is much better to catch these mistakes before the pattern is published.
Speaking of published; the spring edition of Quilter's Connection is on the shelf.  I have another installment of my adventures here in the backwoods in this issue.  I noticed that a word got changed.  I mentioned that fisher (a creature similiar to a weasel but much more vicious) were a challenge.  The word got changed to fishermen.  Three letters which totally change a word.
My husband and I went into the village today to take part in a luncheon that is put on by a community group.  This is the fourth time this week I have been out.  Time to chain myself to the quilt room and get some work done.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment