Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beaver Tails

We are at a balmy 5 degrees today.  I was in Huntsville to do some shopping and had my coat off most of the time.  Of course, in a couple of months, 5 above will be a deep freeze but right now it is lovely and warm.
Went for a walk with my husband and dog yesterday to the pond at the back of our property.  Roger had seen the beaver there a couple of days ago so I wanted to take a look.  As we got closer, we could hear a crunching sound and was wondering what it was.  As soon as we could see the pond, we had our answer.  The beaver, who I am naming Justin (Justin Beaver, get it) was chewing at the ice trying to increase the size of the open water area.  He didn't pay any attention to us and Heidi, fortunately, didn't bark although she was trembling with excitement.  We stood and watched for quite a while.  There were a couple of deer on the other side of the pond who were also interested in the sight.
If I can get up the energy to go out again, I will see if I can get a picture of our industrious neighbour.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment