Friday, January 14, 2011

Dithery Me

(I wrote this yesterday and posted it.  Signed in today, couldn't find article, then realized I had posted it in my other blog.  It really was a weird day.)

We went to Huntsville to do some shopping this morning. I had to return something, my husband needed a USB cable for his phone, groceries had to be bought and, of course, fabric.

Our first stop was the office supply place where I had to do the return as well as the USB purchase. I had carefully put the return item in my bag along with the receipt so when I got to the check out I would be all prepared. Of course, I couldn't find the receipt. We paid for the cord while I continued searching without success. The clerk was kind enough to say they could give me a customer card in the amount of the purchase. While she was doing that, I suddenly 'found' the receipt. As I was congratulating myself, I noticed the amount and realized it was the item we had just purchsed.

I am sure the clerk thought I was a real airhead but she just continued doing up the card. I thanked her for her patience and slunk out of the store.

Oh, and I found out later that I had misplaced another receipt. This one was to show I had purchsed something at the grocery store on a previous trip which wasn't in my bags when I got home. When I had called the store, they told me that the unpacked items had been handed in to their office and would be waiting for me when I came in. I remembered this while in the store but, alas, no receipt.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment