Friday, August 20, 2010

Across Canada

My sister and her friend are off to Niagara Falls today with a stop at our father's grave.  They have certainly managed to cover a lot of ground during their time here.  It is fun seeing our country through the eyes of someone else. It is also interesting to hear what impressed them most.  Laura took dozen's of photos of the prairie and nothern sky.  I remember being struck by how large it appeared when I first travelled west.  It seems as though you are inside a giant, blue, upturned bowl.  However, it was and still is, the mountains that left a lasting impression on me.
There are very few people who visit Canada that don't wish that they lived here.  Those of us fortunate enough to call this country our home often fail to appreciate all that we have.
Laura will be returning home on Monday.  We haven't had a lot of time together but, if her plan of moving here holds, we will have many more hours to talk in the future.  I am looking forward to sharing our mutual love of quilting.  She prefers hand piecing and top stitching whereas I learn toward's the machine.  Not surprisingly, our preference reflects our personalities.  She is laid back and I am hurry and rush. And now I must hurry off an get the binding on my quilt.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment