Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day, everyone and, as it takes place on a Sunday, Happy July 4th to our American followers.
On the news this morning, the presenters asked each other which part of Canada was their favourite and it couldn't be in their home province.  The Rockies, Whistler and other beauty spots were named and I started thinking about my favourite area.  I really couldn't decide.  How do you compare old Quebec to Niagara-on-the-Lake or Stratford.  Quinte's Isle near Kingston is where I used to frequent for holidays but I also enjoy many of the older communities with their stone or Victorian houses.  Kaslo in B.C. is another favourite but so is Greenwood in the same province. The Beaverbrook Art Gallery is Fredricton is intimate and full of wonderful paintings including my favourite by Dali.
This is such a vast country with a myriad of scenic and historic treasures.  We have lakes, mountains, snow, nature reserves, vast wilderness, glorious autumn colours, peaceful streams and raging rivers. There is old and new, every nationality and religion.  It is Canada. We are blessed.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment