Friday, February 5, 2010

Still Waiting

My PC is still in the computer hospital.  I expect it will be ready to bring home tomorrow or Monday and I will then find out what the tech has been able to recover.
I found out that when the pc deletes everthing, the tech has to sort through all those files plus ones that have been deleted on purpose.  I can't imagine what a tedious job that must be.  No wonder they ask what you would like to have recovered.
I have also discovered how much time I spend on the computer.  I feel as though I am rattling around with nothing to do and that is with me still being able to access my e mail.
I am still working on getting my studio organized, cutting strips (still!) and working on WIPS.  My husband has been getting some extra nice meals and the house  work is getting a bit more attention. 
When my son was young, we didn't, by choice, have a television.  Every so often someone would give us one and all our time to read, play games together etc. was taken away. I was always glad when the TV broke down. As wonderful as the computer is, it is as much a time user as  the television.  I still do well at not watching the later very often but I see I am going to have to be more aware of the time spent in front of this smaller screen.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment