Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Orgaznized Confusion

(Welcome new member, Bertie.)
I have always considered myself to be an organized person and yet, when I look around my quilt studio, I wonder if this really can be the case.  It is true that I love to get things organized and don't feel comfortable when everything is all over the place but I really don't seem to be able to keep things where they should be.
When I quilt, I drop unneeded fabric anywhere.  If I am working on a myriad of projects simulateously (which is usually the case), the mess is multiplied by that number .
Lately, as you will know if you are a regular reader, I have been, once again, trying to get things organized.  My scraps are gradually being cut into sizes suitable for use, fabric that I probably will never use is being given away and I have initiated a couple of new storage ideas.  All my pieces of fabric that are too big to be used as scraps but too small to be included with other fabric, is rolled and stored in containers roughly the size of a cracker box.  The boxes stack, I can see what is in them and I know they are approx. fat quarter size.  I am also going to put projects I am working on and those I plan on doing in large freezer bags.  If I include patterns and fabric, I will have everything handy  and won't have to worry about accidently using up fabric that I needed.
Do you have a favourite organizational tip?  You may not be a quilter but I am sure you have small storage containers, tupperware lids (my husband's pet peeve) and other things which don't seem to fit anywhere.  What do you do with them?  How do you keep them neat yet accessable?
Share with me and I will print your solutions.  Together we can make our world a tidier place.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment